[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Mike Klaas mike.klaas at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:16:58 CEST 2007

On 25-May-07, at 6:03 AM, Steve Howell wrote:

> We're just disagreeing about whether the Dutch tax law
> programmer has to uglify his environment with an alias
> of Python to "python3.0 -liberal_unicode," or whether
> the American programmer in an enterprisy environment
> has to uglify his environment with an alias of Python
> to "python3.0 -parochial" to mollify his security
> auditors.

Surely if such mollification were necessary, -parochial would be
routinely used for (most much enterprise-y) java?  I have never seen
any such thing done, though my experience is perhaps not universal.

Then again, perhaps the security auditors would object to the use of
python in the first place <wink>.

-Mike