[Python-3000] [patch] io.py improvements

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Aug 25 18:40:06 CEST 2007

Would you mind uploading this to the new tracker at bugs.python.org?
And you can close the predecessor of the patch there (unless you want
to reuse that one).

(If you're having trouble using the tracker, you may need to reset
your password -- it'll send an email with a new password to your SF
account. You can then edit your profile to change the password once
again and reset the email.)

--Guido