[pytest-dev] pytest 6.2.0

Jim Brännlund jimbrannlund at fastmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:13:53 EST 2020

Hey all,

Maybe I missunderstand, but the header of the changelog says:

Backward incompatible (breaking) changes will only be introduced in major versions with advance notice in the *Deprecations* section of releases.

Yet, in 6.2.0 a breaking change is introduced, dropping support of python versions prior to 3.6. A breaking change that I can't find a corresponding deprecation for (other than the official drop of 2.7, obviously).

Cheers,

--
  Jim Brännlund
  jimbrannlund at fastmail.com