[pytest-dev] Moving pytest-{pep8, flakes} to pytest-dev on GitHub

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Wed Mar 14 06:53:09 EDT 2018

On 14 Mar 2018, at 10:50, RonnyPfannschmidt wrote:

> i like to use a tox env with flake8 set up,

This is what devpi does and in my day to day use I miss issues
sometimes, because it's a separate env and running all envs takes too
long to do before push, so I only see it in CI.

> additionally my editor always complains about all violations
> (imho if linting should happen as early as typing, but at least as
> early
> as when you save a file)

I do the same and it catches most things up front, but again it's
nothing one can easily enforce or make in your face.

> on top of that linting issues trigger ci failure
> im currently also looking at tools like sideci for the gh stuff

That's what pytest-pep8 and pytest-flake do for me.

So I guess this is more a matter of taste which tools one uses.

Thanks for the insight into your workflow.

I will stop here, because it gets way off topic.

Regards,
Florian Schulze