[py-dev] issues with stdout redirection, ctypes and py.test

Gordon Wrigley py-dev at tolomea.com
Fri Aug 7 12:31:45 CEST 2009

I need to have a think about what you've said and look at producing a
minimal reproduction. However I did forget to mention that the prints
from the python code are fine, it's only the ones from C that are
affected, in the good case the two sets are interleaved in the py.test
capture, in the bad case the python prints are in the py.test capture
and the C prints come out of py.test's stdout.
Now that I think about it some more I'm inclined to wonder from where
(and when) the C library acquires it's stdout handle.