[py-dev] py.test and editors (Re: [issue57] Emacs and py.test tracebacks)

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Jul 23 12:44:01 CEST 2008

Hi Guido,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:26 +0200, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> holger krekel wrote:
> > P.S.: i am thinking of putting out a 0.9.2 with a few fixes.
> >       If you have anything *now* is a good time to file.
> >

> I would really, really like to have py.path.svnwc.status() parse XML
> rather than text (using regexps) as it does now, to fix (e.g.?) problems
> with spaces in the username... I fiddle-fixed this in 0.9.1, but it
> turns out not to work in all cases, and obviously parsing XML is more
> solid. Should be relatively easy to fix, and I wouldn't mind doing it
> myself, I just didn't find time yet... :(

Makes sense to me, hope you do find the time! :)

At the time when py.path.svn started there was not much --xml
support from svn.  As long as we are compatible to svn >=1.3
we are fine, i think.  Would be nice if you go for that and indeed
shouldn't be hard and easy to test that the xml parsing is
right (easier than the current mess).

cheers,