[py-dev] unwedging the cheeseshop for py

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 23 23:21:36 CET 2007

Hi there,

It was nice to discover a cheeseshop entry for the 'py' library that
appears to work on my system (at least py.path):

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/py

Unfortunately, it's stuck at 0.8alpha 2, and the cheese shop owner is
the user 'rocky'. We don't know who 'rocky' is. Some py developer needs
to contact the Cheeseshop authorities (who are they? I guess contacting
richardjones at optusnet.com.au is a good bet?) and ask for
maintenership/ownership for that entry. Then they can hopefully easily
upload the latest version.

I think Holger might be a good person to contact them, as luckily he's
listed as the author, so there's a good chance he'll be believed.

I'd be nice if we could figure out who this 'rocky' person is...

Regards,

Martijn