[py-dev] Generative tests

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Sun Mar 18 22:04:52 CET 2007

I would like to re-think a bit generative tests and here are my ideas.

1. There should be *no* setup_function called for generator, rather
setup_generator and setup_generated_function called in a) test
collection (before generator itself is called) b) run of a single function

2. Distributed testing should treat generators as single function, ie
not split them between hosts. This will solve a lot of issues, also
regarding speed.

What do you think?

PS. Names are rather ad-hoc, I'm happy with different choice.