[py-dev] [pypy-dev] py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, microthreads ...

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Wed Mar 7 08:25:03 CET 2007

Hi Martijn! (hi CCed py-dev),

hope you are doing well!

I am considering doing a py lib 0.9.1 with a particular focus
on packaging and win32 issues.  Could you maybe provide some pointers,
keypoints on what you think would be nice to have in this
area?  I haven't really followed the packaging mechanisms in
the last year and need to catch up, i guess.  Any help is
appreciated.

best,

holger

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:41 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> holger krekel wrote:
> > py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, greenlets and more
> >
> > Welcome to the 0.9.0 py lib release - a library aiming to
> > support agile and test-driven python development on various levels.
> >
> > Main API/Tool Features:
> >
> > * py.test: cross-project testing tool with many advanced features
> > * py.execnet: ad-hoc code distribution to SSH, Socket and local sub processes
> > * py.magic.greenlet: micro-threads on standard CPython ("stackless-light")
> > * py.path: path abstractions over local and subversion files
> > * rich documentation of py's exported API
> > * tested against Linux, OSX and partly against Win32, python 2.3-2.5
> >
> > All these features and their API have extensive documentation,
> > generated with the new "apigen", which we intend to make accessible
> > for other python projects as well.
> >
> > Download/Install:   http://codespeak.net/py/0.9.0/download.html
>
> Cool, a pylib release!
>
> Is a cheeseshop entry planned? I checked the download page but there's
> no mention of it. Perhaps there's a cheeseshop entry that I didn't see?
> People might want to do 'easy_install pylib'. Having a cheeseshop entry
> also makes it more easy to use pylib in any buildouts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)