[pypy-dev] NumPyPy vs NumPy

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 23:48:42 EDT 2016

On 28/07/2016 8:05 AM, Papa, Florin wrote:
> Hi Matti,
>
> Thank you for your reply and for indicating additional numpy benchmarks.
> We can continue this discussion any place you consider suitable (if the mailing list is not the place for this).
>

> Regards,
> Florin
We usually hang out on IRC, you can find me there most evenings European
time.

The zip file is not a very iterative-freindly format for improving the
benchmarks, how can I contribute to your work?
- There should be some kind of shell script that downloads and installs
the packages from a known source so anyone else can reproduce
- You should add np.__config__.show() to the scripts so the output
reflects the external libraries used
- Examine other suites to find how they display the basic
python/computer/environment variables in use when you run the bencmarks

- how many cores are in use? How much memory?

- You should check the result, for instance AFAICT the dsums benchmark
does not run to completion on numpypy, bincount is not implemented
Matti