[pypy-dev] Can you compile pypy from source using Visual Studio no-cygwin ?

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 2 14:29:17 EST 2016

Shubna,

> I used pre-built binaries from here:
>  https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

the 2nd link on the wiki (at which I arrive from the openssl pages):

   https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/

has zips with both libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Also, the libs are named
explicitly in rpython/rlib/ropenssl.py+12, so if they are build/organized
differently by the distribution you use, you can change the names there.

(I don't know if the code really needs a .lib rather than .dll, but back
in the day one could be trivially created from the other by dumping the
symbols in a definition file for the linker.)

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net