[pypy-dev] Non-circular path through pypy module imports

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:12:39 CET 2009

Hello,

I have been going through the pypy sources recently and I wanted to start from
the leaf modules first (in terms of import dependencies)... but there don't
appear to be any leaves.

For example, starting with baseobjspace in the interpreter, it has 30 or so
non-stdlib imports, many of them delayed by placing them in functions. Even
something like rarithmetic eventually pulls in most of the lltype hierarchy. The
closest I found to a leaf module was extregistry.py.

Is there a reason for the circularities that I just don't get? If not, why are
there so many?

Thanks,

Van