[pypy-dev] Random updates

Elmo Mäntynen elmo13 at jippii.fi
Mon Jun 19 00:36:54 CEST 2006

Armin Rigo wrote:

> I also found out that the test summary page at
> http://snake.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/pypytest/summary.html was doing a
> great job at hiding the fact that the tests no longer ran to the end,
> and that, for more than two weeks now.  Either test_ee in pyllvm was
> getting a SIGIOT signal (people who ever heard about this signal, raise
> your hand), or test_wrapping was segfaulting (unreproductably - fun).
> I still have no clue why test_wrapping occasionally segfaults.

I reported a segfault some time ago (python2.4 specific), of which you
can read in the archives, but no one seemed to be interested and I
didn't want to push it. My post was about
 compilemodule.py, but this might very well be related since they use
the same code quite the same way I think. The segfaulting stopped at
some point, but if you try a revision around the time that I sent my
post (11.5), you might be able to reproduce it.
The segfaulting itself seemed to me as a bug in python, but since it
didn't happen with 2.5 (some other error did though =), I didn't see it
as so important. Maybe I should've pushed it harder =).

Just say if I'm totally off the course,
Elmo