[pypy-dev] Failing stackless tests

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Jul 24 12:21:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:36:13PM +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi all, hi Aurelien,
>
> The stackless-related tests are all consistently failing nowadays.  Some
> have been failing for 4 days and others for 9 days.  See
>
>    http://snake.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/pypytest/summary.html
>
> Given that you appear to continue to work on it, but without making
> tests pass again, I'm a bit worrying exactly about what you are
> doing?

First, I did some (superficial, nothing related to the translation
aspect itself) changes that allowed me to build a (somewhat
non-crashing) translated pypy-logic using clonable coroutines. These
changes indeed broke some tests, in ways that I don't
understand. Please note that indeed most failing tests in
/modules/_stackless/test are due to run-time failures, after a
successful translation. Michael put in a fix last week which,
strangely, yielded a working version on ... PPC arch only.

IOW, wizards needed for these cases.

I'll have a look at the applevel stuff in /lib/test2 (the 3 tests pass
all independantly but fail when executed in sequence), since I'm more
likely directly responsible for breakage there.

> That doesn't seem too much in line with the "test-driven development"
> approach.

Yes. Otoh, it seems that I'm currently the only consummer of these
features, so I didn't feel the urge to rush to fix them immediately. I
will look at them today.

Regards,
Aurélien.