[pyOpenSSL] PyOpenSSL Linux 32/64 bit problem

Pravin Sinha pks_chennai at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 06:31:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

PyOpenSSL, built on 32 bit Linux does not work on 64 bit Linux and vice-versa. I have a requirement where I should be able to share the lib built on one machine(either 32bit or 64 bit, whichever works) to work with both. Any Idea if I can achieve  this.

The error which I am getting while importing OpenSSL in python is:

>>> import OpenSSL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/test/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 11, in ?
    import rand, crypto, SSL, tsafe
ImportError: /test/OpenSSL/rand.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Appreciate your time and help
Regards,
-Pravin.