[pyOpenSSL] 0.8a1 is out

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Sep 22 15:18:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've just uploaded 0.8a1 to sourceforge.  This release is almost entirely about thread-related fixes.  It includes part of a patch Red Hat has been applying to their 0.6 package for a long time, as well as a change to the way OpenSSL.SSL.Connection manage the GIL.  Whereas previously Connection operations acquired and released the GIL as necessary to allow for concurrency, using a Connection object in multiple threads was not safe.  This should now be safe, through a combination of proper initialization of OpenSSL's threading support and a different strategy for managing the CPython GIL.

Please try it out and let me know how it goes.  Thanks!

Jean-Paul