[pyOpenSSL] openssl cert request passphrase

Matthew Thorley ruach at chpc.utah.edu
Tue Mar 23 21:16:43 CET 2004

When using openssl from the command line to create a certificate request I am
propted for a password. I was wondering how to do the same thing with
pyOpenSSL. I looked at the example mk_simple_cert.py and everything is clear
but what I am not sure how to do is to add a passphrase to the privatekey ?

Can any one explain how this is done ?

thanks

--
Matthew Thorley
  Center for High Performance Computing,
  ruach at chpc.utah.edu
  Ph: (801)585.7821
  Cl: (801)560.3438

  http://elijah.chpc.utah.edu

"What's he that wishes so?
 My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin:
 If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
 To do our country loss; and if to live,
 The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
 God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more...

 Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
 That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
 Let him depart; his passport shall be made
 And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
 We would not die in that man's company
 That fears his fellowship to die with us...

 We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
 For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
 Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
 This day shall gentle his condition:
 And gentlemen in England now a-bed
 Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
 And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
 That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."
   --KING HENRY V | Act 4, Scene 3