[pyOpenSSL] sign file with private key

Christoph Rupp chr1701 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 16:08:21 CET 2004

Hi list!

I need some basic help with OpenSSL. I want a python
script to sign a file with my private key, and later
another python script should check the signature with
my public key. (the file is an xml file < 4 kb).

I have a private key and a public key, but i just have
no idea how to use them in OpenSSL. All examples i
have found usually show how to open SSL connections,
but i have never found an example which loads a
private key, encodes (or signs) a file, loads the
public key and decodes it (or checks the signature,
resp.). And my knowledge about OpenSSL is really
basic, so i have no clue.

If anyone of you can give me a link to a tutorial,
either in Python, C, C++ or even Perl, or any other
advice/pseudo code/snippet etc, i would be very
grateful :)

Thank you very much!
Chris