[pydotorg-www] I would like to add 178 character one-liner that broadcasts magic wakeonlan packet

Marc-Andre Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jul 19 11:51:52 EDT 2023

On 19.07.2023 17:47, hermann at stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
> On 2023-07-19 17:38, Marc-Andre Lemburg wrote:
>>
>> It should work already. I put you into the editor group:
>>
>> https://wiki.python.org/moin/EditorsGroup
>>
>> Could you perhaps double-check the user ID ?
>>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I just checked again, and no Edit button under Page.
> I asked a friend who is editor for years, and he said I should look
> under Page.
>
> What I realized is, that there are only 5 people in Editorsgroup with a
> hyphen in username like I — can that be the problem?
>
> If so, should I register again, this time as HermannStammWilbrandt
> without hyphen?

It is possible that the hyphen causes problems. However, for some few
pages, it's also possible that the page is locked down. Now, the page
you mentioned does not have a such a lock down, so please try with the
new username.

I've changed the editors group accordingly.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts

                http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                       http://www.malemburg.com/