[pydotorg-www] Request for addition of "PyDelhi Conference" in events' list

Marc-Andre Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Apr 24 15:45:22 EDT 2023

The instructions may be older, but are not outdated :-)

There are a few people on this list who can edit pages on python.org
(using its custom CMS), e.g. I have editing rights.

I can also help with adding events to the calendars, since I still am on
that team as well (having started it many years ago).

Now, whether the "workshops" page is the best resource for conference
links is another question. Unfortunately, there are several such link
collections and because they live on different platforms, none of them
are fully up to date.

Ideally, we should just have one platform for this.

My take on this is to make editing such a list easy for more than just a
few people, so the wiki page would be the natural choice:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonConferences

Another such listings is the one on https://pycon.org/ (which lives in a
Github repo), and there are several spread across various other sites on
the net.

Perhaps we ought to retire the "workshops" page on python.org, move
everything over to the wiki and instead have the python.org page link or
redirect to the wiki page.

Thoughts ?