[pydotorg-www] reference to optimizer.html?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:38:58 EDT 2022

I keep getting approval requests from Google Drive for access to a peephole
optimizer paper I gave at the Seventh Python Workshop (a looong time ago).
I'm not seeing it in my Drive. I went to my Drive's Python folder just now
and found it empty except for a README file whose entire contents are:

Note to self: optimizer.html is referenced from www.python.org.

I cloned the https://github.com/python/pythondotorg repository, but don't
find any references to optimizer.html therein.

I dropped the paper and talk slides on my reconstituted website:

https://www.smontanaro.net/python

but there is also a copy of the paper on the Legacy python.org site. Any
chance someone here can easily locate the reference (should end with
"optimizer.html") and replace it with

https://legacy.python.org/workshops/1998-11/proceedings/papers/montanaro/montanaro.html

I did find a reference in PEP 339 to the defunct foretec.com website. I'll
pursue correction of its link separately.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro