[pydotorg-www] python2 EoL wiki "Python2orPython3"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 21 15:25:29 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 5:19 AM Matt Callaghan
<Matt.Callaghan at bsmtechnologies.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris - and I completely agree with your point.
>
> What is the community's preference to that consideration?
>
> The simplest solution I see is to add a "top header / block" that says the summary of:
> "It is Python3 going forward, officially as of Jan2020. This page is largely out of date, but kept for historical reference as it provides value for maintaining legacy Python2 systems."

I can't speak for everyone, only myself. Personally, I think the page
should basically say "use Python 3 unless you're maintaining legacy
code", with some elaborating information; other people may have other
preferred pitches.

But if you want to keep it really simple, then something like you say
will be of value, and will take a lot less effort.

ChrisA