[pydotorg-www] FWD: wiki down notice moved

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:20:53 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>wrote:

> 3. There is not enough visibility into the process or any roadmap, so I
> (like other people) can't see what to help with

To make this more constructive, the information lacking:
1. The date of the last backup of archive.
2. The state of MoinMoin site tree dumper (is it possible to get the tree
structure of the wiki in consistent (sorted) view?)
3. The algorithm of searching for new pages in Google caches and
web.archive.org (is there a way to detect new pages from the caches?)
4. The scraper state (does it compare the wiki html with cache html for
every page to see if the information in cache is newer?)
4.1. How many pages were actually updated since last backup?
5. Does MoinMoin support enforced password change?
6. What is MoinMoin salt, is it using SSHA, is it the same for
bugs.python.org and pypi.python.org, so that we can check if user used old
password and invalidate this password on these sites as well?
--
anatoly t.