[pydotorg-www] Broken link to 'Enthought Python Distribution'

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:07:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> WarmPotato? I could only find reference to a salad. Speaking about PHP
>> in the context of www maybe the true reason to use is that Python
>> doesn't work with web out of the box and PHP does? =)
>
> It's something I'm still writing:
> https://github.com/Rosuav/WarmPotato

An exercise in Pike? A first look at the language - C with automatic
memory management - I don't know why. =) Speaking about web server,
the main goal looks like an abillity to update site in transaction, to
continue serving old content while files on disk are updated, but..
that's impossible without file system manipulation if server doesn't
keep all files in memory.

> Python works "out of the box" just fine; when I made a simple
> browser-based manager for my Looney Tunes collection (letting me
> filter by, for instance, whether Bugs Bunny appears in them or whether
> they're about opera), Python was the language of choice. Worked just
> fine.

For me RoR and PHP are still the main answers when people ask about
rapid site set up.