[pydotorg-www] disoriented on first visit to site (fwd)

Radomir Dopieralski sheep at sheep.art.pl
Mon Mar 14 16:01:13 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>    skip> I was a bit confused by this guy's note to webmaster.  At first I
>    skip> thought he was having PyPI problems, but now I think he's having
>    skip> Mailman problems.
>
>    skip> Is there a PyPI developer on the pydotorg(-www)? mailing list who
>    skip> can triage in case it is PyPI-related?
>
> After reading his mail again I think maybe he's having wiki issues.  Talk
> about a generic problem report.  Reminds me of Julia Sweeney's character
> "Pat" on SNL.  You just can't tell!  :-)

I looked into the error log for the wiki, and I see a number of entries like:

[Mon Mar 14 15:33:01 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] mod_wsgi
(pid=13236): Exception occurred processing WSGI script
'/data/moin/moin.wsgi'.
[Mon Mar 14 15:33:01 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] IOError:
failed to write data

Unfortunately there is no full traceback, so it's hard to tell why it
is throwing an IOError...
--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl