[pydotorg-www] International Symbol - request for addition

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sun Apr 25 16:37:27 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 07:28:58PM -0600, Carl Trachte wrote:
> My rational is that
> 1) whoever put Summer of Code and Uses Python there felt they were
> important enough to have the top spots.

The web site wasn't handed down to us from our ancestors, though; if a
box is no longer useful, we can remove it.  I'm not fond of it -- are
the listed applications the most useful/interesting? are all of them
still relevant? -- and would approve of just dropping it.  We can find
other things to do with that real estate.

> 3) having it on every page IMO is overkill.

I agree that it looks better on the left-hand side, but can't think of
a way to restrict it to only the home page, given how our templates
are laid out.  People might land on sub-pages through a search engine
query, so maybe it's not a problem if the graphic is on every single
page.

--amk