[Pydotorg-www] Download Statistics ffor Python

sdeibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Aug 15 04:25:03 CEST 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Nick Leeson wrote:
> I am a Doctoral Student researching some aspects of Open Source Software as
> a part of my dissertation. For one of my studies, I need the download
> statistics for Python. That is if possible I would like to know the number
> of downloads per month for every year since the first release. Is it
> possible that I can get such data?

I'm sure we're still logging traffic but it looks like the old
traffic analysis software was not moved to the new website so
there's no easy place to point you.

I don't have access to the actual logs, so can't help with that.

It might help to email from an address at a recognizable
institution (other than hotmail.com ;-) and/or provide some more
information about your work. I suspect the site admins will not
be likely to release this info to just anyone.

- Stephan