[Pydotorg-redesign] Redesigned version of current home page

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Sep 23 14:31:59 EDT 2003

amk at amk.ca writes:
 > Pages that use table-stop (e.g. www.python.org/Mirrors.html) will make this
 > tricky.  Where should the bottom navbar go in this case, below the table of
 > mirror sites or above it?

All the way at the end (after the continuation).  Though I really
don't like putting it there at all.

 > > * Remove PEPs link
 >
 > How come?  PEPs *are* documentation of a sort, and some features (e.g.
 > new-style classes) are only really documented in the relevant PEPs.

End-users shouldn't normally need to go PEP-diving.  The fact that not
all documentation for end-users gets migrated to the documentation is
a doc bug, not a reason to link to the PEPs.  (SF bugs should be filed
for these where they don't already exist.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation