[Pydotorg-redesign] Redesigned version of current home page

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Sep 21 12:16:58 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003, amk at amk.ca wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:27:18AM -0400, Aahz wrote:
>>
>> * Remove "contact us" link from top navbar -- perhaps it's time to
>> create a bottom navbar?
>
> Pages that use table-stop (e.g. www.python.org/Mirrors.html) will make
> this tricky.  Where should the bottom navbar go in this case, below
> the table of mirror sites or above it?

I'd put it just above </body>.  That way everyone knows to go to the
bottom of the page.  I see lots of sites putting things like contact,
legal notices, and stuff like that there; it's reasonably consistent.
We should also have a second sitemap link there.

>> * Remove PEPs link
>
> How come?  PEPs *are* documentation of a sort, and some features (e.g.
> new-style classes) are only really documented in the relevant PEPs.

Yeah, I'm just not sure it belongs on the front-page side navbar.  They
certainly should receive more prominence on other pages.  I also think
that PEPs tend to get misunderstood by people who don't already
understand the Python development process.

--Bill Harlan