[PSF-Community] [CFP] Data Intelligence Conference (DICON) (10/26-10/27)

Jacqueline Kazil jackiekazil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:13:39 EDT 2018

I am helping out again with DICON this year.

*CFP is open! Please submit! *
http://www.data-intelligence.ai/proposals/new

-Jackie

[image: page6image1776064]

We are excited to host the second annual Data Intelligence Conference
(DICON)! This year the conference will be held October 26th – October
27th  at Capital One’s McLean headquarters. The event’s geographic
location will remain in the Northern Virginia area and will continue
to target advanced machine learning practitioners. Our audience will
be engaged, excited, and enthusiastic about all of the progress and
change within the field and we are happy to be a platform for the
community.  This year we are unveiling our revamped look and feel to
reflect all that we are about: bringing data, innovation, and people
together. Attendees can take advantage of the early bird registration
now <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-intelligence-2018-tickets-46306194073>!

Our goal with the event has always been to provide and open and
collaborative environment for engineers, data scientists, and the
local tech community, as well as provide conference sponsors the
opportunity to interact with the attendees. The August event dates
coincide with a holiday, allowing conference attendees who are truly
committed to their field the opportunity to immerse themselves in the
experience. For 2018, we will also see a closer alignment to
non-profits who are using machine learning and data science to make an
impact within their communities. Our premier non-profit partner,
NumFOCUS, is a prime example of this partnership. Additionally,
participants will have the opportunity to engage with many of our
academic partners who are all conducting exciting research

Lastly, look forward to seeing some exciting keynote speakers. We will
have a diverse group of industry and academic thought leaders
presenting this year. For those who are interested in being considered
to present, Call for Papers
<http://www.data-intelligence.ai/proposals/new> is open and
submissions are still being accepted.  It is hard not to be excited
about all of the changes and progress we’ve made and being able to
share it with the community is exhilarating! 2018 is another year of
growth, definition, and we hope to see and your peers during the
conference.

Please reach out to us at info at data-intelligence.com with any
questions, concerns, and thoughts.

[image: page6image1816608]