[Pandas-dev] Using a phrase "Similar to Pandas DataFrame" in other projects

Marc Garcia garcia.marc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:58:28 EDT 2021

In short:

1. You can use pandas without written consent for what in law is called
"fair use". Which for what you say is what you want to do, and other
projects do. The idea is that you can use the pandas "brand" to say "we are
compatible with pandas", "it's similar to a pandas dataframe"... But not
"we're the pandas consultancy", "we're pandas approved"... You can share
for "fair use" for more details.

2. If it's an open source project, and relevant to the pandas community,
just open a PR to be included in the Ecosystem page.

Thanks!