[Pandas-dev] NASA Funding opportunity

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:44:46 EST 2020

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM Andy Ray Terrel <andy.terrel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The NASA grant will require a Notice of Intent submitted this Thursday. I
> think Pandas has a high likelihood of being accepted as it is right in line
> with the work being proposed. How should we proceed? A zoom call or some
> other mechanism? Really need to identify who would be funded and what
> activities would be proposed. Really seems they don't want new features per
> se but things that make the software more stable.

Agreed that this is a good fit.

Jeff reached out to me and it looks like we'd want to aim for a combined
NumPy, Pandas, SciPy proposal. We checked in with the program manager, and
a combined proposal would be good - and save a lot of energy on proposal
writing time.

I was planning on giving the contents of the letter or intent a push today.
Andy, we could use your help - experience with NASA will be valuable here.
Want to collaborate on this?

Cheers,
Ralf