[Pandas-dev] Small question about vb_suite

Wes McKinney wesmckinn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 02:12:26 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Stephen Lin <swlin at post.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Just curious, Is there a convenient way to run just a particular set
> of benchmarks using one's locally checked out copy, right than going
> through the whole rigamorale of checking out two commits and comparing
> them? I'm modifying some tests to see if I can improve their
> stability, and I just want to check for syntax errors and such
> quickly...
>
> Stephen

The Benchmark objects have a "run" method:

In [2]: import reindex

In [3]: reindex.reindex_fillna_pad.run()
Out[3]:
{'loops': 1000,
 'repeat': 3,
 'succeeded': True,
 'timing': 0.12795305252075195,
 'units': 'ms'}

Make a list of benchmarks of interest, any, with a little getattr
action, you should be in business.

- Wes