[Numpy-discussion] last call for fixes for numpy 1.8.1rc1

Francesc Alted francesc at continuum.io
Fri Feb 28 06:41:00 EST 2014

Hi Julian,

Any chance that NPY_MAXARGS could be increased to something more than
the current value of 32?  There is a discussion about this in:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/226

but I think that, as Charles was suggesting, just increasing NPY_MAXARGS
to something more reasonable (say 256) should be enough for a long while.

This issue limits quite a bit the number of operands in numexpr
expressions, and hence, to other projects that depends on it, like
PyTables or pandas.  See for example this bug report:

https://github.com/PyTables/PyTables/issues/286

Thanks,
Francesc

On 2/27/14, 9:05 PM, Julian Taylor wrote:
> hi,
>
> We want to start preparing the release candidate for the bugfix release
> 1.8.1rc1 this weekend, I'll start preparing the changelog tomorrow.
>
> So if you want a certain issue fixed please scream now or better create
> a pull request/patch on the maintenance/1.8.x branch.
> Please only consider bugfixes, no enhancements (unless they are really
> really simple), new features or invasive changes.
>
> I just finished my list of issues I want backported to numpy 1.8
> (gh-4390, gh-4388). Please check if its already included in these PRs.
> I'm probably still going to add gh-4284 after some though tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
> Julian

Francesc Alted