[Numpy-discussion] Issue tracking

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:09:48 EDT 2012

tl;dr I think I fixed everything mentioned below.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thouis, what needs to be done to make a testbed of the conversion ?
>>
>> I just returned to this a couple of days ago [*], and last night
>> successfully imported all the trac issues (from my somewhat
>> out-of-date snapshot) to this repo:
>> https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration
>
> Skimmed some of the bugs:
>
> The "(migrated from Trac #xxx)" in all the bug titles is kind of
> intrusive and distracting -- maybe reduce this to just "(was Trac
> #xxx)" or even "(Trac#xxx)" or so?

Changed to the last suggestion.

> https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3783:
>
> "Reported 2011-03-04 by atmention:rgommers, assigned to unknown." <-
> This atmention thing looks like a bug.

This is to prevent @user notifications from occurring during testing.
I'll switch it to an actual "@" when it's time to do the actual
import.

> In the main body of the bug (and also in some comments), your code
> managed to convert one {{{source-code block}}} into a ```source-code
> block```, but failed on several others.

It appears that github markup requires indented blocks to be separated
by an empty line.  Fixed.  See:
https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3794

> "Comment in Trac by atmention:rgommers, 2012-05-19" <-- aside from the
> atmention: thing, wouldn't it be better to put the commenter first so
> it's more visible when skimming comments? Maybe something like
> "@rgommers wrote on 2012-05-19:"?

Done.

> "Marked as knownfail in 1.6.x branch in commit:6922cf8" <- fails to
> create a link to the commit.

Fixed.

> https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3777: There are
> several mysterious empty comments here. (Apparently they came from
> milestone change messages.) Maybe this is already fixed, b/c I saw
> other milestone change messages, but fyi.

I think this has been fixed in the latest code (but not all issues
have used that for importing).  See:
https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3786

Fixed. https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3788

> https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3760#issuecomment-8939552:
> This comment refers to an attachment by linking directly into the
> original trac instance. Are we going to keep trac alive indefinitely
> to serve these links, or is there some other plan...?

The plan is to keep these around indefinitely (possibly as a
snapshot).  If they are moved in the future, automatic rewriting
should be possible.

> For the boilerplate text at the beginning of every ticket ("Original
> ticket http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1155\nReported
> 2009-06-30 by trac user gorm, assigned to atmention:rgommers."), it
> would be nice if it were somehow set off visually to make clearer
> where the actual start of the ticket text is. Maybe it could be
> italicized, or we could put a rule underneath it, or something?

Like this? https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3792

Ray