[Numpy-discussion] numpy install script changes permissions?

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:01:55 EDT 2009

Sorry to bring up an old topic again, but I still haven't managed to
resolve  this issue concerning numpy and nose tests...

On a fresh numpy 1.3.0 build from source tarball on sourceforge:

On ubuntu 9.04 x64 I issue the following commands:

cd numpy-1.3.0
python setup.py
sudo python setup.py install

In the source build folder, all numpy test scripts have the correct
permissions and are not marked as executable,

but in the install directory
(/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/), the test test scripts
have completely different permissions, and are all marked as
executable. Thus, nose wont run the tests.

This happens with scipy too. Is this a bug in the numpy/scipy build
script, or just my ineptness at installing things through the command
line?

Cheers,

Chris