[Numpy-discussion] Beginner Needing Help with Installation

Scot Denhalter scot.denhalter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:41:00 EST 2009

Pierre,

Yes, I am using the Snow Leopard OSX.  Should I be coding through the Xcode
interface and not Python's IDLE shell?

You distinguish between system wide installation and user installation.  You
may have seen from my post to Eric, that I found and installed .dmg
downloads for numpy and matplotlib.  I have tried to figure out where these
installed themselves, but I haven't found them in the user folder.  I assume
they have been installed system wide.  Is this going to be a problem?

Scot