[Numpy-discussion] atlas not found, why?

T J tjhnson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:21:36 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:48 AM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> It works for me on Intrepid (64 bits). Did you install
> libatlas3gf-base-dev ? (the names changed in intrepid).

I fear I am overlooking something obvious.

$ sudo aptitude search libatlas
p   libatlas-3dnow-dev                                      -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,3dnow static
v   libatlas-3gf.so                                         -
i   libatlas-base-dev                                       -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,generic static
p   libatlas-cpp-0.6-1                                      - The
protocol library of the World Forge project - runtime libs
p   libatlas-cpp-0.6-1-dbg                                  - The
protocol library of the World Forge project - debugging libs
p   libatlas-cpp-0.6-dev                                    - The
protocol library of the World Forge project - header files
p   libatlas-cpp-doc                                        - The
protocol library of the World Forge project - documentation
p   libatlas-doc                                            -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,documentation
i A libatlas-headers                                        -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,C header files
p   libatlas-sse-dev                                        -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,SSE1 static
i   libatlas-sse2-dev                                       -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,SSE2 static
p   libatlas-test                                           -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,test programs
v   libatlas.so.3                                           -
v   libatlas.so.3gf                                         -
p   libatlas3gf-3dnow                                       -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,3dnow shared
i A libatlas3gf-base                                        -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,generic shared
p   libatlas3gf-sse                                         -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,SSE1 shared
i   libatlas3gf-sse2                                        -
Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,SSE2 shared

It looks like I have the important ones:
   libatlas-base-dev
   libatlas-headers
   libatlas-sse2-dev
   libatlas3gf-base
   libatlas3gf-sse2

But I don't see libatlas3gf-base-dev anywhere.  Is this on a special
repository?  My sources.list is:

# Intrepid Final Release Repository
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid main restricted universe
multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid main restricted
universe multiverse #Added by software-properties

# Intrepid Security Updates
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security main restricted
universe multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-security main
restricted universe multiverse #Added by software-properties

# Intrepid Bugfix Updates
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-updates main restricted
universe multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu intrepid-updates main
restricted universe multiverse #Added by software-properties

I suppose it is possible that something is messed up on my end since I
upgraded from 8.04.