[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 21:10:09 EST 2007

Erin Sheldon wrote:
> On 1/13/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> --snip--
>> Now, since the bug is actually in freetype, not matplotlib or numpy, I suggest
>> finding a new build of freetype. I use MacPorts and have had absolutely no
>> trouble with it.
>

> I switched to using macports, and included your modifications to
> the setupext.py file.  The cryptic warnings when compiling
> matplotlib have returned, e.g.
>
> /usr/bin/ld: for architecture ppc
> /usr/bin/ld: warning /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib cputype (7,
> architecture i386) does not match cputype (18) for specified -arch
> flag: ppc (file not loaded)
>
> Note, this is an intel machine, so I don't know how ppc enters into it.

You are using a Universal Python, so it tries to build ft2font.so as a Universal
binary. However, the library it depends on wasn't built Universal. Consequently,
the linker warns you that it can't make a Universal ft2font.so.

> Import of pylab still fails.  The failure is now different.  Using gdb I get
> --snip--
> Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
> Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done
> 20:48:11: Debug: ../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert
> "sm_classTable->Get(m_className) == NULL" failed: class already in
> RTTI table - have you used IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by
> linking some object module(s) twice)?
> ../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert "sm_classTable->Get(m_className)
> == NULL" failed: class already in RTTI table - have you used
> IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by linking some object
> module(s) twice)?
>
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
>
> which I cannot parse.  Any ideas?

Possibly you are linking against the wrong wx libraries. I missed that part in
my instructions.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=37895022

--
Robert Kern