[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

Erin Sheldon erin.sheldon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 21:01:37 EST 2007

On 1/13/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
--snip--

> Now, since the bug is actually in freetype, not matplotlib or numpy, I suggest
> finding a new build of freetype. I use MacPorts and have had absolutely no
> trouble with it.

I switched to using macports, and included your modifications to
the setupext.py file.  The cryptic warnings when compiling
matplotlib have returned, e.g.

/usr/bin/ld: for architecture ppc
/usr/bin/ld: warning /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib cputype (7,
architecture i386) does not match cputype (18) for specified -arch
flag: ppc (file not loaded)

Note, this is an intel machine, so I don't know how ppc enters into it.

Import of pylab still fails.  The failure is now different.  Using gdb I get
--snip--
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done
20:48:11: Debug: ../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert
"sm_classTable->Get(m_className) == NULL" failed: class already in
RTTI table - have you used IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by
linking some object module(s) twice)?
../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert "sm_classTable->Get(m_className)
== NULL" failed: class already in RTTI table - have you used
IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by linking some object
module(s) twice)?

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

which I cannot parse.  Any ideas?
Erin