[Numpy-discussion] A proposal to implement round in C Was: Rookie problems - Why is C-code much faster?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:47:15 EST 2006

Generally, C99 support in MSVC.NET is pretty much nil, except for maybe
support for "inline" (which MS had already added prior to the C99
standard).  This wikipedia article links to a quote from the Visual C++
program manager at Microsoft saying "In general we don't see a lot of demand
for C99 features":
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language#C99
So it's not clear the situtation will change any time soon.  I don't know if
VC8 is any better in its C99 support.  I doubt it.  Wikipedia says Borland
is dragging their feet too.

--Bill