[Numpy-discussion] Trouble installing Numpy on AIX 5.2.

mfmorss at aep.com mfmorss at aep.com
Wed Feb 22 08:34:03 EST 2006

Thanks for this observation.  I will modify ufuncobject.h as you suggested,
instead.  The other problem still results in a complaint, but not an error;
it does not prevent compilation.

I have another little problem but I expect to be able to solve it.  I will
report when and if I have Numpy installed.

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power

             Travis Oliphant
             <oliphant.travis@
             ieee.org>                                                  To
                                       mfmorss at aep.com
             02/22/2006 11:29                                           cc
             AM                        numpy-discussion
                                       <numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge
                                       .net>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Numpy-discussion] Trouble
                                       installing Numpy on AIX 5.2.

mfmorss at aep.com wrote:

>This problem was solved by adding "#include <fenv.h>" to ...numpy-0.9.5
>/numpy/core/src/umathmodule.c.src

I suspect this allowed compilation, but I'm not sure if it "solved the
problem."  It depends on whether or not the FE_OVERFLOW defined in
fenv.h is the same as FP_OVERFLOW on the _AIX (it might be...).  The
better solution is to change the constant to what it should be...

Did the long double *,  double * problem also resolve itself?  This
seems to an error with the modfl function you are picking up since the
AIX docs say that modfl should take and receive long double arguments.

Best,

-Travis