[Neuroimaging] Brain Imaging Data Structure version 1.0.1 Release Candidate 1

Chris Gorgolewski krzysztof.gorgolewski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 22:56:51 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Apologies for cross posting. Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) is an easy
to adopt standard for organizing and describing raw neuroimaging data. We
have just released version 1.0.1 (release candidate 1) and we would love to
hear your opinion before finalizing the changes.

This is a minor revision which along with some small fixes (smoothing the
language) comes with a few small backwards compatible new features (support
for ne types of data). Here's the full changelog:

   - Added T1 Rho maps
   - Added support for phenotypic information split into multiple files
   - Added recommendations for multi site datasets
   - Added SoftwareVersions.
   - Added run-<run_index> to the phase encoding maps. Improved the
   description.
   - Added InversionTime metadata key.
   - Clarification on the source vs raw language.
   - Added trial_type column to the event files.
   - Added missing  sub-<participant_label> in behavioural data file names
   - Added ability to store stimuli files.
   - Clarified the language describing allowed subject labels.
   - Added quantitative proton density maps.

Next step (before another release candidate or publishing the final version
of 1.0.1) will be updating the validator. The plan for that has been laid
out in this github milestone: https://github.com/
INCF/bids-validator/milestone/1. We'll be also soliciting public opinions
to make sure everything is ok before committing to final release of 1.0.1.

You can leave comments in this thread or on the working copy of the
standard available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HFUkAEE-pB-angVcYe6pf_-fVf4sCpOHKesUvfb8Grc/edit#1.0.1-rc1

Thanks for all your feedback!

Best,
Chris

PS I hope we will be able to get 1.1.0 out this year with multispectral
imaging and ASL!