[Neuroimaging] Nipy.org new website needs a complete remake

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:49:32 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Gael Varoquaux
> <gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since it is the time to gives one opinion
>
> Sorry to be quiet.
>
> I don't have strong feelings about whether the new or old website is
> better, but Ariel saved us from a lot of frustration by moving us to
> github pages before the recent Sourceforge meltdown [1].
>
> Eleftherios - your main complaint against Jeykll is that it's hard to
> render the pages before you submit a PR?   I don't think it's that
> hard - see http://jekyllrb.com  . OK, it involves installing something
> in Ruby via gem, but that's not a major burden, and pelican is not
> trivial to set up either.

There's no need to install Jekyll on your machine any more than you would
install the Travis infrastructure on your machine. If you push to your
fork's gh-pages branch, the content will get rendered *on your fork*:

http://arokem.github.io/nipy.github.com/

This means that you might need to make PRs from your gh-pages branch, or
update your gh-pages branch from your PR branch, especially if you made
some complicated formatting change that.