[Neuroimaging] Site Discussion

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 27 02:04:03 CEST 2015

Hi Vanessa,

On 2015-08-26 08:21:39, vanessa sochat <vsochat at stanford.edu>
wrote:
> That would mean the continuous integration would function fine
> for the main site pages (likely updates would be few), the
> hosting could be on github pages, and a more common activity
> like pulling out your smartphone and writing a quick blog post
> from a conference would be easy, better integrated with social
> media, etc. A person who is in the community and not familiar
> with github would be much better empowered to contribute!

Perhaps we can all agree on a set of basic requirements for the
website, and then use any platform that satisfies them.  E.g.:

- Data (like project list) is stored in a parsable, plain text
  format (markdown or yaml)
- A blog post can be added via pull-request and is stored in a
  plain
  text format (markdown, rst)
- The website should automatically update upon merge of a PR
- The toolchain runs on Python

(The above are simply the list I would have written--not meant to
be prescriptive.)

Stéfan