[PyDelhi] Research for submitting proposal for next Pycon India.

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:34:47 CEST 2015

Hi Gora,

Thanks for asking these questions :) these are important and you are
absolutely right.

​can we first do a successful 2-day event, with say a few hundred people

This is exactly what we plan to do,  hold a mini conference in Delhi
labeled as "PyDelhi Conference". The name was chosen by a vote if you
remember.

The research we need to do for PyDelhi conference will continue along with
the search for  PyCon India.

The plan is to hold the PyDelhi Conference in February (will be sending out
a e-mail for vote) 2016 giving us least 9 months to plan for PyCon India if
our proposal get's accepted.

I would also seriously look at JNU. Their new conference facilities are
> excellent, and for an open-source conference either free, or at minimal
> cost.

Right, We have been in talks with JNU trying to hold regular meet ups in
that place, We had a lot of issues getting official permissions.

We held one of our meets there and had a talk with Professor Andrew from
JNU, the talks with him were positive but we were not able to get a hold of
him for getting official permissions (Written permissions).

Even though we have a person that was in contact with us(Vippin) that is at
JNU trying to get a hold of Professor Andre or harris to get written
permissions. I contacted Andrew personally on his phone, he asked me to
send the details on his mail,  which I did but was not able to get a
response on the same from him.

In short it was not easy to get a hold of either harris not just by few of
us but even through a student/TA who goes there every day.

@Gora We will keep trying and encourage you to do the same but we should
not depend on JNU only.

@Gora, can I get a small smile/exclamation of joy out of you at the
possibility? It's so nice that the community as a whole is very positive
and want's to allow other places to least try :).

Here is to all of you who made this possible! THANK YOU PyDelhi! no matter
the outcome! Now let's put our best effort into this.

Kind regards