[PyDelhi] Research for submitting proposal for next Pycon India.

Amit Sethi amit.pureenergy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:30:12 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not to be a wet blanket, but can we first do a successful 2-day event, with
> say a few hundred people, before we jump into Pycon India? Maybe I have
> missed things, but what is the biggest event that PyDelhi has organised? A
> conference of 1000-1200 people is no joke.

We absolutely realize that  a conference of that scale will require
months of preparation and a very active community of people and
organization. However we have been able to muster up some good amount
of energy in the last few months and I am sure we can pull it off.
Also realizing the scale of the event we have planned a mini
conference in Delhi as a precursor. It would be great if we get
support all the people in the community to be able to pull off these
seemingly terrifying tasks.

> Assuming that Pycon India is happening in Delhi, I would also seriously look
> at JNU. Their new conference facilities are excellent, and for an
> open-source conference either free, or at minimal cost. Accommodation for
> some speakers might also be possible, but that would have to be arranged
> through Prof. Lynn.

Thats a great suggestion however we have had a lot of problems with
JNU as venue for things. We had planned 2 events in the past out of
which one had to be cancelled because of university elections and the
attendees found very difficult to find the venue because of some
bureaucratic thing. However its a great venue with a lot of potential
attendees from within the campus and any help we can get in terms
references, procedures etc would be great.

Thanks
Amit

--
A-M-I-T S|S