[Moin-user] Sync'ing 2 pages at different locations

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Mar 12 14:03:44 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 12. March 2014 16.51.39 Emmanuel Mayssat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a page with several attachments on a personal MoinMoin
> install. I would like to 'sync' that page with the production one.
>
> There are apparently 2 ways of doing this.
>
> 1/ An automated 'sync' as described in
> http://moinmo.in/HelpOnSynchronisation
> But I can't understand a thing and because there is no configuration
> example, this page is more confusing than helpful.

I don't have any experience with this.

> 2/ A manual procedure which consists in packaging the page (with
> attachments) in a zip file. I can export (i.e. compress) the page +
> attachments in a zip file, but how to import it in another wiki? Where is
> the import utility?

You want to use the package installer:

http://moinmo.in/HelpOnPackageInstaller

I made convenience "methods" for moinsetup to handle package exporting and
importing:

http://moinmo.in/ScriptMarket/moinsetup

But I think that you should be able to export a page using the PackagePages
action in any wiki having it enabled. Then, using the package installer (as
described in the first reference above) with the resulting zip file should
permit you to import the packaged page.

Good luck!

Paul