[Moin-user] An alternative to GetVal or InterWiki?

Reimar Bauer rb.proj at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:04:07 EDT 2012

Am 02.10.2012 22:15, schrieb Ted Stern:
> Hi all,
>
> One of my users would like to set up a sort of shortcut for use on one
> of the wikis in my farm.
>
> He want's something similar to @VAR@ syntax, but not expanded when the
> page is saved.  He intends to use it for very long URLs.  So I suppose
> the <<GetVal(WikiDict,VAL)>> syntax would be appropriate, but it
> doesn't work inside [[...]] braces.
>
> If I modify our local InterWiki, he can do
>
>   [[VAR:rest/of/path]]
>
> to create links, but then the InterWiki becomes littered with these
> links.  Since I share the same InterWiki between farms, that could be
> problematic also.
>
> Is there anything set up in MoinMoin to do this?
>
> Ted

Have you thought on using the InterWikiMap page for creating all those
shortcuts for theses urls?

It is a page per wiki.

I don't understand why he want @VAR@ not expanded, he could define in
his own Homepage/MyDict a var for each url like

 URL1:: [[http://moinmo.in|MoinMoin]]

and use then on a page @URL1@ will be replaced by this substitute.

for an example see  http://moinmo.in/ReimarBauer/MyDict?action=raw

Reimar