[Moin-user] Strange problem with page saving when running as FastCGI

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri Jan 22 04:16:20 EST 2010

> >> This problem doesn't exist when I run the same wiki as CGI (which is
> >> very slow and I can't use it).
> >
> > Do you use mod_wsgi 2.3? That version is known to be broken.
>
> I don't use mod_wsgi at all. I'm trying to run my wiki on Plesk hosting
> platform and AFAIK there is no support for WSGI, so the only options
> left are CGI and FastCGI.
>
> After creating and configuring Moinmoin instance, I have added
> appropriate paths to python's sys.path in moin.cgi. Then I have copied
> moin.cgi to /cgi-bin/moin.cgi and /moin.fcgi. In moin.fcgi I have
> changed FCGI_FORCE_CGI env var to 'N'.
>
> moin.cgi works fine (but slow), moin.fcgi has the strange problem.

OK, this sounds like something in the fastcgi related code is
malfunctioning.

To make sure, try to reproduce the bug in a pure wsgi setup (you can use
the http://moinmo.in/WikiSandBox for testing, the site uses
apache2/mod_wsgi).

If you can't reproduce it there, it is likely not a moin bug, because
moin itself is a pure wsgi app since 1.9. The handling of fastcgi is
done by flup and a bit of glue code for setting it up in moin. Talk to
flup author, maybe he knows about the problem or can find the bug.